Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Addiction

I am an addict.

For the last two week I have been gobbling it up so much that I haven’t had enough sleep. Sometimes I think that I have no choice but of course I do. I try to convince myself that I just needed one fix and it would be enough. But after the first one, I just can’t stop myself from getting another shot. And then another. And then another. If I didn’t have other things to do, I believe I would be overdosed by it.

But the good ones are hard to come by. It used to be that you have to wait daily in order to get a one-dose supply. You have to consider a lot of things in order to avail of it. But technology, though it made life easier, also brought the evil side of accessibility. You get them all with just the right amount of money. With one seating, you have all the convenience in the world.



Turn on the TV. Plug the DVD. Push the CD. There you have it. The whole season of a story.

How I wish one season is only composed of three shows. Life would be simpler.

Now let me go back to Jang-Geum. I am in the third season already.

3 comments:

Gypsy said...

Oh-oh!! Been there and so I deeply sympathize with you! :)

Anonymous said...

hi gypsy! hay.. this is the best telenovela i've seen so far... my fave... let me see another one that can top this ... hay.... wala akong masabi kundi... hayyyy : - ) - jen

Gypsy said...

Hi Jen
Check my blog entry on this. I have two recommended Korean telenovela titles. :)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)