Sunday, July 13, 2008

Do you believe I am able to do this?

As I was running along Sunken Garden in UP, I can't help but let my thoughts go back to a question my friend Beng posed to us during our recent small group discussion. Do I believe that God is able to answer my requests? How big is my faith? Is there an aspect in my life that I haven't fully trusted to our Lord?

During our discussion, I had to admit that yes, there are some things that I did not think of laying down at His feet. No, not because I lacked faith. It was more like... I accepted that it was my lot and that God can still do great things through me despite the limitations given to me. No, not because I doubted His power. It was because it completely slipped my mind that my God is bigger than anything  else I have known and will ever know. No, not because I did not believe in His miracles. It was only because I wanted more transformations in other aspects of my life, something I considered more important.

It was a gentle yet a booming reminder. There is nothing small or big that God cannot change it. I sometimes pray to Him to provide me a seat on the bus to go to work. I have to remember that I can also ask Him to give me a mountain.

This too, I believe, He is able to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this post. it was a reminder for me too :)

Jen said...

I know what you mean! I really need constant reminders!

Anonymous said...

Go and ask for that mountain,jen.all we need is a faith as small as a mustard seed.:)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)