Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 in pictures

Sige na nga, ako na din. :- ) 
Here goes my 2008 in pictures (it is still 2008 here in the US)

January : Declared 2008 as the year of learning. And part of learning is facing fears. Chase the lion! 
February: Challenges at work abounded. I got the  flowers for helping organize a
 seminar.
February: Hercules left the family. It was the beginning that left me on my own in Manila. : -) 
March: Operation Samaria with Influencers International. My other family who keeps me sane. 
April: I saw more of my country. I went up Mt. Pinatubo.
April: ... and discovered the treats of Bicol.
May: ... on my own. My brother went his merry way to play music on a cruise ship.
June: last summer outing to Laguna with my colleagues 
June: ... writing... translating...
         ... funny days... crazy day
July: Ate carri got married! 
August: celebrated another birthday with great friends. And also went to enjoy Davao!

September: Got my copy of the Wild Goose  Chase. That was great!!!
October: Training in France. And blessed with visiting other European cities as well!

October: Came back home and learned that what I submitted to Philstar was chosen! 
November: Celebrated my niece's birthday
December: My first Convergence! Yo for marketplace ministry! 
December: My first white Christmas! Spent with friends and family!

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)