Thursday, May 04, 2006

Random thoughts

I haven't had enough sleep for the last 5 days. For various reasons.

It is making me think though. Are the things I am doing worth it? There are many times when I feel tired, frustrated, impatient that I ask this question. Being the 3/4 perfectionist that I am, I try to do my best in everything (which should always be the case!). Being an OC person, I often do things myself even though I should be delegating them.

But then, I also enjoy the things that I am doing for God. And I know that my rewards would either be here on earth or up there in heaven.

It must be worth it. I know it is. I just need to sleep and rest.

- - - - - - - -

A friend named her laptop... and she is encouraging me to name mine... Really in love with the book Pride and Prejudice, I am partial to naming it DARCY. Which means that my laptop is going to be a male eventhough I prefer it to be a girl. For now, i dub it Darcy, the book in a white shining armor!

- - - - - - - - -

I saw again several ladies that I met a few weeks ago in a medical /dental mission in Ilocos. I learned a few more things about them. Something that caught my attention is the fact that most of them are still single and some are even NBSBs.

And i wondered.

If these women, who are beautiful in their own ways, accomplished in their careers and have big hearts for serving the Lord, are still single... how can someone like me, who is just a few years younger, find my soul mate? I am not really proactively looking for a guy but it does cross my mind from time to time that I must think about finding my man (or letting him find me). I have many girl friends whom I could easily recommend to guys for their looks, personalities and faithful hearts, but they are also in the waiting period... waiting for the right man to come along.

This is a global problem.. of finding men who are walking uprightly in the faith. Men, men... mature men... where art thou?

4 comments:

Beng said...

Hi Jen, was waiting for my first comment to be approved and posted. I wonder why it doesn't show? Here's me trying it again.

Jen said...

hey beng! it's working na! sorry for that... i change the settings already... made a mistake... i didn't know na yung pala ang meaning ng moderate the comments... akala ko lang para sa editing ng comments .. hehehhe :- )

Gypsy said...

Hi Jen
Nice blog! Enjoyed your random thoughts. Darcy sounds like a great name--I haven't been able to think of a good name that would fit my Mac and its (his) "role" in my life..so the search for the right name continues...:-)

Jen said...

Hey Gypsy!

Thanks! kep me updated... regarding the name :- ) hope you already checked the philmug... very useful especially for new mac users (like me!) i learned a lot from them and people are generaly helpful ...

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)