Saturday, June 03, 2006

Choices or the lack of it

What do I want? I pose this question to myself.

More and more each day.

Do something you are very good at, yet you hate what the term connotes.

Venture into the world of numbers. A realm where, in your subconscious, you once thought you might flourish.

Or continue with the function that imply prestige yet you might not live up to it.

But scrutinizing the facts, I realize, do I even have the choice?

I already cried. Twice at that. For sure there are others tears to follow.

If He is teaching me a lesson, I think I am learning.

If He is asking me to wait, I am doing that.

If He wants me to make a stand, I have made the initial steps.

Still, I do not know what I want.

I only know one thing. God is my defender. He will justify my right.

2 comments:

Beng said...

Hi Jen, wherever God takes you, trust that I will be here to cheer you on and help you in becoming the best person you can be--whatever roles you will fill (or will be filling). :-) Look up, God is in control. :-)

Jen said...

thanks Beng... sometimes, our minds and hearts get cleared up when we verbalize our thoughts and emotions... but of course, for people not to think i am crazy, there should exist willing ears... :- ) thanks for listening...

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)