Monday, June 26, 2006

a different kind of life

I spent my first night in Geneva on my own. My friend, whose flat I would be sharing for the next few days, was somewhere in Belgium for work. It was a bit challenging to be alone... at first anyway.



I felt the silence. It was eerie at first, not used to this kind of silence. I was at the sixth floor, the highest in the building. I could see from the big panes of windows the skies as well as hear the chirping of birds. It can be a bit of frightening when you are forced to face the silence. The silence that I often look for in Manila and found there in Geneva.

... the elevator that I only saw in the movies.. for real! I love this elevator!

... the stairs going to the 6th floor

Later on, I grew to love it. Geneva, though an international city, is surrounded by mountains, waters, and trees. Benefit from the advantages of a modern city yet still experience nature at its finest. Enjoy the blooming flowers and the friendly sun while walking along the river. Drink from the fountains and be assured that the water is safe.

Coming from Paris where I felt so unsafe, I was paranoid at first. I kept on looking at my back, expecting a mugger lurking around. Later on, I became confident, exploring the big village that is called Geneva.



I could probably enjoy living in Geneva. With its organized transportation system and old buildings, the contrasts between the old and the new world, the prestige of the brands and old names. It would be a different kind of life.

... my cozy bed in Geneva

1 comment:

Beng said...

Ang GANDA ng bed mo! Ang ganda-ganda, very artsy and looks comfy din! :-)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)