Saturday, September 02, 2006

omnium-gatherum

Everything that could go wrong seemed to have gone wrong. The bride felt sick the whole day. The wedding ceremony started an hour late. And then before the garden reception began, the heavens just opened and it rained . Soaking wet tables and chairs were transfered inside a small cramped room. A perfect sunset reception became a cozy, dripping wet dinner. But the bride and groom remained unfazed.


Throughout the celebration, all that could be felt was the love between the happy couple. They were all smiles during what the bride declares as the happiest moment of her life. I was a witness to hurdle-filled union that is made more remarkable for the overflowing of love. I bid you both, Dave and Malou, God's guidance as you embark on this journed called marriage.





It seemed impossible. But I did it anyway. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I did the unimaginable.

I wore jeans during a wedding.

And thus, I think I will never criticize anyone who is seemingly dressed improperly. For who is to know the real reason behind such "unsuitable" clothes?

Weddings deserve a lot of respect. Wear the appropriate clothes. But things happen. Been there, done that. Now, don't judge!










= = = =

Are you happy? I could have said yes and it would have been a lie. Or saaid no but this would have entailed endless questions that I was not ready to respond to.

Another question, this time, my own. How do you reply to this question from someone who, in reality, is the cause of your unhappiness?

You don't answer.

You pray.

Pray that somehow you will find a way to have the courage to say the truth. If not to that person's face then to someone else who might have some power to control the situation.

= = = =



Another boss left. In the few months that I worked under him, I have realized and learned a lot of things. Not the intellectual kind but something more important. The experience taught me that it doesn't matter how high they may be on the ladder of the career life. Foreign or local. Man or woman. All of us are human.

I have learned to be brave. I have learned to dare. I hope I remember this.

I wonder what the new boss will bring.

= = = =

Who am i to judge? I may do the same thing one day. But I have to say I felt sad. So sad that I cried. I cry for the choices we make that we know may not be right but still we insist.

There are things that you hoped for, you expected, you prayed for. But to each his own. We make our own choices. Still I feel that in some way, I have failed.

I got reminded though. In this world, we think our decisions only affect us. Not true. Somewhere, somehow, someone is crying.

All I can do now is pray.

We may hope for the best, but what if we didn't do the best?

O God!


= = = =



The last few weeks have been filled with "little" parties for despedidas and birthdays. It was an expensive month. But then, who would exchange any amount for such a great bunch of friends? Only the insane would do!


No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)