Monday, May 28, 2007

The return of the addiction

I discovered Gilmore Girls in Channel 23 and I did try to follow the series. Unpredictable schedule hindered me from following it religiously. Of course, there are other solutions. : - )



Two fast-talking femmes, Lorelie and Rory, are the main actors of this show. Both are fun and pretty! (though I don’t always agree with their decisions and actions). I just couldn’t get enough of the incessant yet interesting chatter between this mother-and-daughter tandem. I love that they constantly allude to current events as well as to literary materials. I often find myself smiling or laughing because of their numerous antics and conversations! And the people in Stars Hollow! The quirky yet endearing casts! They, too, contribute to the sense of humor that pervaded each episode.




And of course, there is the handsome Milo Ventimiglia or the better known rebel Jess who created chaos in the life of innocent Rory ( they became a real life couple and just broke up this year… but who cares about all these things? ☺ )



I am now in the 3rd season. Four more seasons to go!

And then Heroes. Frankly the episodes could be violent but the sense of suspense could make one giddy with impatience. Once you watch the first episode, you have no choice but to watch the last one (the available episode anyway).



I just finished the last episode tonight. Thanks to my good friend Beng who arranged for me and a couple of her office friends to watch the finale of the first season. We were not disappointed. A very good ending indeed. I just hope the next season would soon start.

Did I mention that Milo is there once again? This time, he was the one who has hope and love within, the one who has no prominent powers yet has all of them.



What can I say? The guy is handsome! : - )

7 comments:

Abaniko said...

Incidentally, Beng mentioned Heroes to me over dinner last night. This must be a good series, huh?

Gypsy said...

Hmm..I havent seen any of the Gilmore Girl show. Maybe should check it out sometime..loyal pa rin ako sa "24." :)

Jen said...

hey abaniko ... it sure is good! come on! Join the club! : -)

Gypsy... i haven't tried 24... one of these days : - ) after gilmore :- )

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, bakit nawala comment ko? :( hmmm. but the thing is, i forgot what i initially wrote. anyway, i enjoyed watching the last episode with you. thanks for bearing with my screaming. haha. till the next addiction...

Anonymous said...

i love 24, gilmore girls, and heroes! :)

24 --> because of the adrenaline rush, twists, and the political intricacies

gilmore girls --> witty, witty lines! i could close my eyes and just listen and i'd still love it

heroes --> super powers minus funny costumes! they make it seem oh so possible.

hi jen :)

Jen said...

hey beng! it happens talaga....

silly... we are all addicts! hehehe... : - ) hmmppp! nang-indian ka sa movie watching! buti na lang sa yo galing yung mga pinanood namin! hehehhe.. thanks talaga!

Swipe said...

I love 24, Gilmore Girls and Heroes for the same reasons that sillyserious mentions.

Additionally, I love Lorelie. hehehe

I am also addicted to House, Prisonbreak and Lost.

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)