Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a week!

It has been a week since my birthday. I wrote several wishes on the spur of the moment, never really thinking that I would get most of what I mentioned. But good friends abound. Well, good friends who read my blog and then shared them to other friends.


For a week now, I have had new songs lined up in my iTunes. Thank you so much Claude for the music of Chris Tomlin. Gina surprised me with the latest collection of Lifehouse. I am happy to listen to these new songs again and again. And just today, Mean gave me a 4GB worth of music and movies. Beng must have raided SM when she decided to give me five new movie cds to watch! Ate Shawie promised to send me asap some health websites and to lend me what she considers a good book. I am also excitedly waiting to receive a new book through the post. Though I paid to see the musical Cinderella, I had dinner as a treat of friends. And included in Mean’s cd is a copy of Mamma Mia. I also watched a cute movie last Friday, for free, thanks to Mavic and Jason. I got a pretty blouse from my sister-in-law and another one is on its way, thanks to Mommy G. What’s more important is her promise to teach me how to put on make-up! In the middle of the week, I had a wonderful time with Arlene at Starbucks. I am still waiting for that valid comment but Ptr. Jesse always provides me with that. PJs, thanks for the greeting you posted in my former blog! Ate Grace completed the list when she handed over the envelope for the student I help send to school. Three other friends also helped out in this goal.


I received a pretty bag, a bracelet, a cake, 3 overseas phonecalls, a unique scarf, 3 e-greetings, and so many text and email messages. I am still receiving some more belated greetings.


Gina posed me a question about when was the last time I felt loved. The answer to that? This past week. I was happy to stop and receive the love and appreciation of friends and family. A special mention to my Makati Influencers ladies. I can’t imagine what life would be like without all of you.


And of course, I am thanking God. He has been revealing a lot of things in the past few weeks. I am glad that as we physically age, He allows us to mature spiritually and emotionally. 


I cannot see what the new year would bring but I have the assurance that the adventure with Him will continue.


Now, why didn’t I write down twenty items in my list? :- ) 

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)