Wednesday, December 31, 2008

As 2008 ends...

I declared 2008 to be a learning year (see previous blog here).

 

So did I learn anything? I did. A lot!

 

I learned that…

 

… my mind can be stretched (12 months of translating, and still going!)

… I have a Father who takes care of me (my travels in Europe and US attest to that!)

… I must dare for surprises await me (ex. got the recent Batterson book for free!)

… I need to always immerse myself in God’s presence, otherwise I’d fall

… I can live on my own (technically, not really alone but without my real family)

… I missed reading (so much!)

… I can still be a little more patient (learning still!)

… my beloved country, the Philippines, is really beautiful (Bicol & Davao attest to that!)

… friends are necessary for my sanity (Thank you for listening to me!)

… I have become more courageous (I can make a stand in the office.)

… I can now let go of things, people, places I thought would be hard to let go

… God (and life) really works mysteriously (more responsibility in the office, etc.)

 

But most of all, I have learned that God is the Rock of my life. The past year has been full of crazy and challenging changes. There are many things I could not and cannot understand. All I could do was to have faith that He is in control.

 

The year will soon end but I know that learning is forever. I am learning new things each day. Now, I wonder what 2009 would bring? 




Picture from : www.landmarkphotos.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to know that you had a blessed 2008! i'm happy to have met u at the beginning of this year. sana maka food trip tayo ulit! hehe

here's to a happy and prosperous 2009!

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)