Friday, December 05, 2008

Planning things through

I wish I could say that I always think things through. I don’t. I know how to plan and organize and to take into consideration potential roadblocks ahead. But just like anyone else, there are things that I don’t analyze inside out. Take for example Pretzel. When I took in this playful cat, all I could think of was “Poor kitten, it would be put to sleep if no one takes it in.” I forgot that he is going to be another creature to be taken cared of. But this is just an easy example. There are other aspects in our life that are harder to process. Prayer requests that we are not sure we want. Dreams that we question if we really want to happen.

 

Then at the other side of the coin, I sometimes make specific plans. I start off with plan A, then plan B, and so on and so forth, reaching until plan E. I make them based on what is happening in my life and what I think might happen in the future. Sometimes, a friend or a relative has the same plan. The funny  thing though is that we really cannot make plans. My plan B, a friends plan D, can suddenly dissolve into thin air because circumstances have changed. 


I am glad thought that there is God who plans my life. True, it can be frustrating sometimes when I feel lost and do not know where I am heading. But there is also a sense of excitement in wondering where He will bring me next. He has been faithful so far, bringing me to journeys I never imagined I would travel. 


So I continue with my adventure. I sometimes plan. I sometimes decide on the spur of the moment. I know He will guide me.


*image from  : www.elaineganm.files.wordpress.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

However painstakingly we may plan--plotting this and that--nothing beats God's plan. Bar none. Waiting for God's plan to unfold in your life and mine (and many others' in our circle).

vernaloo said...

I used to plan my life to. From small things to big things. I ended up disappointed. I knew that some things are not in my hands but it was different when you I was already in that moment of disappointment or frustration. I forgot that I cannot control everything. I guess I'm a bit wiser now.

Gypsy said...

I know what you mean about not sure whether we want to make certain prayr requests--i have this little voice inside my head always saying.."be careful what you pray for...you might just get it." :)

rheiboy17 said...

this is nice. Trust always in Him, He will definitely lead you towards the right path.

carlotta1924 said...

ang masasabi ko lang e kakaiba talaga si God when it comes to guiding us in life. i totally agree that it gives us a sense of excitement =)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)