Friday, April 10, 2009

Last few weeks

I really felt doing this in the last few weeks. Bang my head against the wall. Trying to squeeze out rational thoughts to come up with something intelligent. To convince my teacher that I was not spacing out during our many interesting discussions in class.



When I saw what I got, I run outside my office to let my feet and lips follow what my heart was feeling. To jump and put a big smile. All those late nights in front of my laptop. Those hours of trying to make coherent swirling thoughts in my head.


I go back though to God who guided me. Kept me healthy despite my lack of sleep. Gave me favor in my teacher's eyes. Granted me wisdom to come up with the right introduction, discussion and conclusion. Made sure I remained sane by giving me people who provided me my required fix of distraction. Gave me the wonderful cruise a bonus. Thank you Lord. You surprised me.

And now, off to the bigger challenge. Guide me still. Pretty pretty please.

2 comments:

MelB said...

hahahaha...Congrats!

MelB said...

Hi Jen....Just saying HI!
Have a nice day :)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)