Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Closing the curtains

My memory of Paris is fading past. My impressions and experiences are becoming blurred. Two days from now, it will be a month since I arrived from my voyage. It seems that it was a lifetime ago that I went there. Good thing, cameras were invented. Pictures help make us remember. Once in a while, I can click on my CD of images and try to recall.

I made so many entries about my short adventure. I must stop. Write about something else. Get on with my life. But before I do, I will do my last post. Paste certain images. This time, narrowing it down to my favorite pictures.

A previous entry mentioned about my love for the gardens and skies in Paris. This one, at Versailles Palace, combines the perfect union of the two. Just one word: beautiful.

I prefer the Eiffel Tower at night. Somehow, it casts a more sentimental picture. Made of metal, cold, so structured, yet a contrast to what it represents to many : romantic, flushed, and dreamy.

I only see this scenery from pictures. Never the real thing. Somehow this image questions us. Do we dare walk the long trail, and discover the goal? Or be afraid and just remain in a safe place? Really depends on whom we trust. Then, we can be confident even if we don't know the outcome.

But of course, even during the day, I cannot help myself but admire this tall structure. Who can? I maybe considered of the mainstream, who admire what is generally admired, but what is the sin in that? I did imagine it to be higher than its real height. I thought it would shroud the whole view of the sky. But then, that's the genius of the French. They know just the right size. Not too high, not too low. And once you are on top of the tower, you realize... woah! This is so high! Enjoy the view. Feel the cold air.

I did not like the Louvre, not because it was not pretty. It was. Too much. Overloaded. Another French genius. Combine ancient and modern. Mix nature and industrialism. I've read about the pyramid. And here it is. The picture of my best.


Picture perfect. That's all I can say. A very old and tall tree. Beautiful in its simplicity. Just right.

A rerun. The same picture above.

To highlight.

A last glimpse to the my dream city.

2 comments:

Beng said...

Most people will just dream of what you've seen. I, for instance, though want to see France, can't imagine how I could.

I'm happy for you, eversince you learned you will finally fly to France. Now, it's time to give birth to your new dream. I'll be there for you too. :-)

Taong Bato said...

...je viens du ciel, et les etoiles entre d'elles ne parlent que de toi...

elle me manque, paris. le metro, la cite u, la Seine, les cafes. j'ai passe plus de 5 ans de ma vie a paris. comment je peux la oublier?

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)