Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Paris : from my eyes

Let me share my story through the pictures I have taken in Paris...

Walking along the River Seine, I had to take this beautiful picture of the Eiffel Tower.

  1. What do I love best in Paris? The sky, the constantly changing sky. It has character. It has beautiful colors. The wind, when it blows, creates different images in the heavens.

Imagine yourself getting married in Paris, at the garden in front of the Eiffel Tower!

This is what the happy couple is doing on a Sunday afternoon. Very romantic!

Atop the Bateau Mouche, I had an hour-long tour along the river Seine. Very important, since I got to see all the magnificent structures. A very good and sunny day it was, unexpected many said, but I know it was expressly given to me by God.

I saw many people dotting the river side... just plain lying down and soaking the heat of the sun. It was supposed to be dark and raining. Instead I got the gift of a glorious day... just right for a tour.

One of the impressive bridges along Seine. The statue, I was told, is meant to indicate the water level in the river. Notice the wooden crates under the bridge? Sorry to dispel the euphoric image of the city of lights but Paris also has its share of problems : the SDFs or sans domicile fixe... the homeless.

In front of the Opera, while waiting for a friend, I couldn't resist. I had to take a picture of the city of lights. Just the right site for lovers to walk, while holding hands.

I followed my former teacher's advice. I went up the Montparnasse Tower and had a wonderful 360 degrees view of the city. At 7:00 in the evening, as the sun began to set, I appreciated the beauty of man's creative handiwork basked with the divine light from God's creation.

Some more on the next blog...

1 comment:

Beng said...

I am filled with holy envy. Oh that I would be able to go to Paris and speak the language! You took great pictures, Jen.

Just a shame that you weren't able to take a picture of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. :-) Well, when you go to Italy, you could. hehe. Will be waiting for the next batches of your pictures and adventures.

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)