Saturday, October 11, 2008

Do not read. This is just for me.

Sunday: Arrived in Paris. Weather is better. Not as cold. Left my things at the hotel and went to the house of a Filipino couple. I met ate Rose to get my euros. Delicious Filipino dinner : squid, fish and rice.

Monday: Interesting melange of trainees. I was seated beside a Lebanese from Kuwait. His bagages got lost in the system. Lunch was delicious. From entree, main course, dessert to coffee. And paid for by the headoffice! Went to Place d'Italie to look for an adaptor. It was so expensice! P700! It was only P30 pesos in Manila. Dinner was fun with Merns at St. Michel. Talked all night while eating pizza and pasta.

Tuesday: Training all day. Was so sleepy! Had a sandwich for lunch. It was nice to get to know Christy from Taiwan. Dinner was wonderful with Myr, an Algerian friend. I last saw her 6 or 7 years ago. I missed her curls. Over kir and rissotto, we remembered the people from our office (from my previous work). A mixture of English and French all night.

Wednesday: Trade show which meant that we didn't need to wake up too early. Standing almost all day. Mussels for lunch. And a big ice cream dessert. Topped with whipped cream and raspberries. Again, delicious. Christy and I bought some food from the grocery. Ate them at her hotel room and talked about our offices. Interesting to know that we share the same faith.

Thursday: Busy day. Started early and ended later than usual. Lunch was only for 30 minutes. Got lost in trying to find the place of a former trainee. It was the night for snails, pizza, salad and cheese bread (forgot the French term). Played Wii for the first time! (Golf and bowling). Had an enjoyable night.

Friday: Still a busy day. Learned a lot. Got to know my co-traineed better. Said goodbbye to the organizers (gave them some dried mangoes from Manila). Went to Rambuteau area to visit Hillsong Paris. Got lost again. Falling arch (foot cramps). Sadly, there was no service that night. Went to Gare de Lyon to see where I am supposed to catch my train. Started to pack.

Now: Breakfast was buffet. Cheese, bread, tea, peach jam, egg, and orange juice. In a few minutes, I will leave this hotel (Lux Hotel Picpus) that I have called my home for a few days. Goodbye Paris. Hello South of France!

2 comments:

vernaloo said...

but I don't follow instruction so I read it hehe

hey guess what? I'm seeing a french guy hehe

Jen said...

hey verns... how's the French guy? : -)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)