Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Enjoying Paris

I have come to appreciate the metro system in Paris. I think that it is the best one in the world (at least, among the places I visited so far). Once you understand how it works, it is so easy to follow. My favorite metro line is no. 6. It brings me right to my hotel, to the training area and to various touristic sights I want to visit. And maps are given free and available everywhere! So tourist friendly. I just wish that it is also true for the prices.

I had a P900 ($20) pizza last night. That is expensive considering that a normal pizza in Manila is around P400. Tonight, I had shrimp risotto for P1400 ($30?) and a glass of champagne for P800 ($18). Yesterday's lunch was fully French that might be around P3500 ($80?). The great thing about all these? I didn't pay for them! The lunch was a welcome treat from the headoffice. The first dinner was a filipina friend's treat. And the one tonight was from an Algerial girl I used to work with in Manila. God really provides! Greatly delicious!

I wish I did not forget my umbrella in Manila. I wish I did not forget the umbrella i just borrowed from a Filipino friend. I wish it was not raining. Wishes... and so got caught in the rain. I love the rain. But not when I do not have an umbrella! Yet, I am not complaining. The French are used to walking under the rain. I just hope I won't bring home another cold strain.

An international gathering again. Let me list down the cities we come from: Manila (that's me!), Kuwait, Taipei, Canton, Moscow, Dusseldorf (I hope the spelling is correct!), Tel Aviv, Ontario, Johannesburg, Lima, Toronto, Caracas, Tunis, etc. It is interesting to talk to them all.

It is so unfair! They speak French so well! But then, they are French. O well, they can't beat me in Tagalog and English (not applicable to everyone).

I know it is cold and it is hard to take a bath. Some may choose not to wash their hair for a day or two. But what if the hair looks like it hasn't seen water for at leastt a week or two? Does that mean that the same is true for the body? Just do not breath. Or at least face the window and let the fresh air drive away unwanted odors. And wish that the next metro stop would be the destination of the person beside you.

Red toilettes (restroom) with violet toilet bowls. One and a half foot by three feet elevator. One and a half by one and a half foot shower area. Ground floor is 0 while 2nd floor is the 1st floor.

How come there seemed to be more good-looking guys and girls this time? Hmmm...

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)