Monday, November 24, 2008

Awesome generosity

I am used to spending holidays at work. With a 24/7 service all over the world, my previous office trained me well. There is no such thing as holidays. And being single made it easier for our bosses to assign me for Christmas or New Year work schedule. 

It is almost the same in my current work. Working for a foreign agency, we normally do not follow local holidays, except for the official ones (like Christmas, New Year and Independence day). It has always been like that for the last 4 years. There was no use complaining about it. It's just the way it is. 

Imagine our surprise when we received an email last Friday that we can claim the December 1 holiday as ours! So off I peacefully go to a 3-day week-end retreat. And what else? We also get 3 free days during the Christmas break! And all I could think of is that this is a miracle from God. He knew I didn't have enough vacation leave to cover my long trip. He knew my colleagues were also running out of vacation days. And I even get an extra day to cover a planned vacation leave early next year. 

I am glad that I have a God who works out the little things in my life. I never uttered them loudly but He knew I hoped that we would get at least two half-days free. But in His generosity, He gave me four whole days!

Awesome God!

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)