Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 30: Finish?

It took me so long to finish this 30 day challenge. Technically, it has become a 37-day challenge. Truth be told, I was partly delaying this day. It would end my self-imposed requirement to write about something, anything. Yep, it is self-imposed. I like writing but I often find myself lost on what to write. Or even if I do want to write, I can't blog about the topic. Too personal. Too revealing. So why blog? Who knows? :)

Last night, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to breath and then die. Even though we believers know where we are going, I realized that there would always be that desire, little or big, to remain alive. Or at least, to pass away quietly and painlessly.

Who is Bob Ong? I have been reading some of his quotes in Facebook. There is truth in many of the words. They make me smile.

I have been writing about the things I am learning. The past few months, I have been trying to unlearn something. It's more difficult. It takes double the effort. No wonder my muscles are crying out from the stress.

Our teacher asked us what grade we would like to receive. If only I had the courage to pick the highest. It's hard to predict though if the choices we make might just backfire on us. If I choose the highest, she might think I am too proud and penalize me with a lower grade. If a lower grade, it might be considered a humble choice and be praised through the awarding of the highest grade. Or she might really just accept our suggestions and thus, I would be at the losing end. So I decided to base it on how much effort I gave. Otherwise, I am just glad that this class is over.

I heard Senator Gordon speak in a conference yesterday. He might not have a perfect speaking voice but his speech was well thought of. He knows what he is talking about. I wonder how he'd fare at the next election. The competition would be pretty stiff. At least 5 presidential candidates.

2010 will definitely be a crazy year. But I am looking forward to what it would bring. Something different. Something better. Here's to a better year!

I'm babbling. Trying to delay the inevitable. This is so like my habit of buying new things and only using or wearing them after at least a month or two. Weird. But that's just the way it is.

So I end it here. I know I can still write. But the title should no longer start with "Day"...

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)