Friday, November 02, 2007

Omnium-Gatherum (Random thoughts 3)

I just entered the bathroom. Guess what happens?

A lizard hiding behind a pail cover jumps on the toiled lid.

What happens next?

I go out of the bathroom screaming.

Called out to my father to get it out. I insisted that he should not kill it. Lizards are not like cockroaches. Thus, I can still be kind to them.

When I again enter the bathroom, I made sure there are no little monsters lurking.

Then, I cleaned the toilet lid. The lizard just stepped on it. I don’t know where it last came from.

My mom laughed. She said lizards’ feet are clean. Technically, it hasn’t soiled its feet. Still…

Why are these things happening to me?

= = =

I spent the whole day of yesterday twisting wires. For the Christmas decorations at our church.

The nerves at my fingertips are dead, I think. It felt like I played the guitar all day.

The decors are beautiful, though.

= = =

I found myself laughing so hard a few weeks ago while chatting.

Why? While struggling with a problem at work, I kidded certain friends that it is a test that I needed to pass in order to qualify for the next chapter of my life. Just a way to reduce a bit of the tension. Just to find humor in all the confusion that was happening.

I think I passed the test. I did what I felt I was supposed to do. And that same night, the little award came. It was a glimpse of how easy it is for God to orchestrate things in our life.

That is why I was laughing so hard. I saw the sense of humor of my God.

Hey, you might not understand what I am saying here. It doesn’t matter.

This is my way of reminding myself.

God is in control. I know he is smiling. And He is making me laugh.

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)