Sunday, February 17, 2008

Remembering

It's part of the Christian life. The roller coaster ride of faith. The doubts that assail us. The questions that riddle our minds. To wonder when trials would end.

I am no exception. I go through the same ride.

I mentioned it to a friend tonight. Many fear death but in fact it is easier to die, especially if you know where you are going. Wonderful to be in heaven.

Life is harder. Especially if uncertainties assault your mind. But I remember what Paul said : to live is Christ and to die is gain. A good reminder. God has a purpose for my life.

Sometimes, I dare to ask, why. Especially when I read Solomon's words that everything is meaningless. But he himself said in the end: God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.

Trials make us persevere and develop our faith in Him. That I admit. That I know.

But still, I need to be reminded. I am special in my God's eyes. He died for me. I am loved. Thank God for magic tricks that allow us to remember this truth.(www.myfathersworld.us)

Thank God for friends who assure me that nothing done for Him is in vain.

Thank God for a wonderful news that a love one is now finally a part of the King's family.

Little things. Big things. I need to know. I need to be reminded.

I need to remember.

3 comments:

vernaloo said...

Hi Jen.

I love your post...it's very uplifting. Life is tough and I can't seem to get what I want even if I work hard for it. That's why lately I just really surrender everything. Besides He knows what he's doing so I trust that things will be okay naman eventually.

Cheers my friend. Let's have coffee again one of these days.

Unknown said...

Roller coaster ride of faith... I like that. It's actually what I'm going through these days. *sigh*

Off topic btw, you've been tagged. Check out my Monday post. :-)

Jen said...

Thanks Verns. I know it will be okay especially, as you say, we surrender everything to Him. When are we going to have that coffee? :- )

Hey Snglguy. we really have "those" days.
Regarding your tag... hanap muna ako ng pic :- ) sana lang abutan ko pa feb : -)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)