Friday, May 29, 2009

Omnium-Gatherum (Random Thoughts 7)

I love hearing stories of God's faithfulness. To be truthful, I need them. Human that I am, I tend to forget about His presence in my life whenever the storms arrive. And so I want to hear about people's stories. I breathe in their hopes and their belief. And breathe out my doubts and fears. Thank you for the stories, Lord.

= = =

A battle rages in me each time I want to share my story. Would they listen? Would they understand? Would they even be interested in whatever I learned? Most of my life, I have been a listener. A good one, I think. In the office, we sometimes joke around that I have a psychiatrist's chair. Most people feel comfortable in telling me their stories. Maybe I know how to ask the right questions. Maybe I can give objective suggestions. Or maybe because I just let them talk.

Thus, I think I have forgotten to talk. I become conscious if they have become bored, if I am eating too much of their time, if I am monopolizing the conversation, and so on and so forth. Most of the time, I don't want to impose.

So most of the time, I remain quiet. Waiting for someone to ask me how I am. In a way, I think it has become my love language. I feel that someone cares about me if they ask me how I am. And if they listen. Really listen.

Maybe all of us are like this. Just waiting.

= = =

I am now on the 834th of the 3,334 songs in my iPod. Let me change that. My brother's iPod. He was the one who left all those songs inside. Nope, I really haven't heard all those 834 songs. Because even though I have decided to listen to songs again, I still choose the kind that I want my soul to hear. Songs about love, longing, despair over a broken heart, confusion, and other such are okay. They are really part of our lives. But those that curse, malign, and disrespect other people and God get skipped over. I will not let my ears be polluted.

= = =

I guess it will never disappear. Every time I hear a similar name, a tourist destination, a local delicacy, an international drink, a bilateral agreement, a country's nationality, etc. I will always remember. Each time.

1 comment:

carlotta1924 said...

can relate a lot to numer 2 random thought. :)

musta na?

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)