Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A ride


The day has definitely been a roller coaster ride. From having confidence, to feeling hurt and battered, to remaining hopeful, to being confused, to losing faith, to being angry, to being convinced, to feeling lost, and so on and so forth.

And so I take each day, even each hour, one at time. When the ride goes down, I counter them with words of prayer for other people who are hurting. When I feel the ride going up, I give thanksgiving for having won my little fights. And so the ride goes on.

I think I will have many more rides for the next few days, even weeks, and who knows, maybe even months.

I am remaining positive though. I take heart that God is refining me and I will come a better person at the end of the road.

In the meantime though, I sing this song to myself.


Lift up your hands to God (by Basil Valdez)

Life is not all that bad, my friend, hmmm 
If you believe in yourself 
If you believe there's Someone 
Who walks through life without you 
You'll never be alone 
Just learn to reach out, 
And open your heart 
Lift up hands to God, 
And He'll show you the way. 

And He said, "Cast your burdens upon Me 
Those who are heavily laden, 
Come to Me, all of you who are tired 
Of carrying heavy loads
For the yoke I will give you is easy 
And My burden is light, 
Come to Me and I will give you rest." 

When you feel the world 
Is tumblin' down on you, 
And you have no one 
That you can hold on to, 
Just face the rising sun 
And you'll see hope, 
And there's no need to run 
Lift up your hands to God, 
And He'll make you feel all right. 

And He said, "Cast your burdens upon Me 
Those who are heavily laden, 
Come to Me, all of you who are tired 
Of carrying heavy loads, 
For the yoke I will give you is easy 
And My burden is light, 
Come to Me and I will give you rest."

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)