Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 1: True King

There were no stars in the night sky. The wind blew strongly almost constantly. Ill weather foreboded. It did not rain from the beginning up to the end. Because it was claimed through the most powerful name in this world. Only the tears from the balladeer’s eyes fell on that rainless night.


To many people who watched, it was a very special concert for it showcased two of our country’s very talented singers / performers. I believe though that for Mr. Pure Energy, it was more than that. It was the night that God spoke to the soul of the Concert King.


As he sang a song he did not pen, the Spirit touched him so that the words would come from his soul.


Because You have forgiven me

Too many times it seems

I feel I am not what you might call

A worthy Christian after all

Though I love you so temptation finds its way to me

Teach me to trust in you with all of my heart

To lean not on my own understanding

I just forget, you won’t give me what I can’t bear

Take me out of the dark my Lord,

I don’t want to be there alone


May he truly bow to the true King.

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)