Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 3: Thankful

I feel so weak. I thought it was because of hunger. But I realize it was not. It came from stress.

After some fellowship over dinner, my friends and I came out of the restaurant and braved crossing a street slightly flooded with water. It has been raining since we started eating. Off to the parking lot to get Mr. C's car. When I saw the terrible traffic in EDSA (main highway in Manila), I felt the stress coming.

I live a little farther than Mr. C's beloved but he is (they are) kind enough to bring me home when we finish late. I super appreciate their kindness. And I didn't want to stretch too much their patience and big hearts. So when I saw the traffic, the stress started. Oh no! It's going to take too much of their time, gas, and energy. I was tempted to ask them to just drop me off and I would brave taking the bus. But I know they wouldn't let me (or maybe the would? So that's why I won't dare?:)). And the rain was getting stronger.

So all I could say was sorry and super thanks. But I was stressed. I didn't want to cause too much trouble. :(

But they are kind friends.

Thanks friends. I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

MelB said...

I am sure they didn't mind....let them love you:)

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)