Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fullness

It all seemed a blur. Did all these things happen? What did each person say and do? But I have a bone-tired body to testify that I had a full day. And mighty happy for what has transpired.

It was a full house. There wasn’t any available space for people to roam around. And it reflected how my heart felt. It was full of joy.

From the start, the boys from the Children’s Garden were full of thanks. I loved it so that they were appreciative and respectful. I enjoyed hearing them say thank you and happy birthday every time any one of them passed me by. I know that it was a full turn-around for some of them who grew up in the streets. It showed much of what the workers had instilled in them.

The afternoon was full of surprises. Not all of them were good. The power point presentation was not working. The food was delayed. The music CD jumped to the sound of its own music. The room became too hot. I was not prepared with my thanksgiving message. Bits and pieces of unwanted things that we wish did not happen. Yet, I take them in as part of the experience.

I want to emphasize the good side. The delayed food was much more than enough. The disarranged powerpoint presentation elicited laughter and smiles from the audience. The unfinished dance that brought forth claps of appreciation and calls for a repetition. And those who helped…

Warning: this may become boring but I want to thank in detail those who took part in this.

JC and Love: for doing the hosting… I knew you were up to it…
Beng and Gina: for rendering into music the theme song
Beng again and Anjou: for creating into reality the words and design of the invitation
Nio and Adrian: for braving the distance and teaching the boys how to dance
Bakery: for providing the before and after snacks of the boys
Children’s Garden’s workers: for everything you have done…
Drae: for the gift song
My father: for cooking the turon and serving the guests with much needed liquids
For Josh and Val: for being our music guy and gal, and josh, thanks for being the techie guy :- )
For Reah and Enoch: for making the powerpoint work
Christian and Claude: for patiently taking the pictures. You did great!
Ptr. Chad: for uttering the birthday prayer for me
Ate Grace and ate Malou: for the cake and the flowers.
TIta Linda: for cooking the delicious pancit and preparing the sweet sago’t gulaman
Kuya Inar: for baking and delivering the carrot and banana cakes
James: for willing hands to help (for being ready to get things and buy extra drinks)
Joseph: for ordering and bringing in the barbecue.
Jay: for rushing to bring the projector
Dexter: for preparing the give-aways
Elizabeth: for making pretty the envelopes and photocopying the colored invitations
Paula, Claude and Val: for manning the table of gift envelopes and give-aways
Ate Aster: for taking care of the utensils, coffee and the drinking water, for your heart full of service
Clarizz: for partnering with me in this event

I am trying hard to think. Did I miss anyone? I hope not. I wouldn’t want to miss out on thanking those who helped. I am a stickler for giving full appreciation to those who deserve it.

Let me not forget ALL OF YOU who came and spent that great day with me. Your presence is gift enough. I feel valued that you considered me enough to travel quite far. There were those who wanted to come but circumstances prevented them. I know that the event was in your mind, more so in your prayers. You told me so and I thank you for this.

As I mentioned in our official thank you letter, I know that many appreciated the efforts that we have done to come up with this unique event. I reiterate the fact that this wouldn’t have been possible without your willing hearts to give. The full impact of this realization hit me later in the night. Most of you, if not all, who came are dear friends and loved ones. Your support will always be remembered and appreciated. And I thank you. Totally. Fully.

I know that we filled the hearts of the young boys to the brim. I do pray that there would be other ways that we can make this happen again. For them to have full lives.

No comments:

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)