Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2007 Miracle list

Tonight, together with fellow influencers, I opened and read the list I made a year ago. I listed down five things, praying that God would make a miracle out of them and make them real.

Three were granted.

One was the gift of travel back to Europe. A total surprise since I was only on the waiting list. And most often than not, based on our experience, it meant that you really have to wait. For the approval of a training… the following year. But our Father can really astonish us with his wonderful gifts.

The second one was to understand my work better. And it dawned on me tonight that all the extra work I did a year ago, because someone bungled over a project assigned to her, helped me to have a better grasp of the field I am handling. I wished I realized it then. I wouldn’t have complained as much as I did. God works in mysterious ways.

The third was just a simple request. To meet new friends. I have been flooded last year with new experiences with people who entered my life recently and also got to know better friends I’ve known for so long. I learned a lot from them. To hear their perspective in life, to learn from their experiences, to analyze myself through what they have been through, or to just have pure fun in their company. To friends I met through this blog, to friends from my ICS family, to friends from Makati, and to so many other friends, I thank you. Your lives have enriched mine.

The two that were not granted will remain unwritten. I know God is working on them.

It was also during our time of sharing that I finally realized another proof of God’s constancy in my life. It was at this exact time, one year ago, that I became, partially, the head of the family, that is, financially. I became anxious, wondering how to work out the family budget from what seemed like a limited source. But the past year gave witness to God’s faithfulness. We are still being provided, beyond what others would consider enough. It was a reminder that I need not worry. He will provide. Always.

I plan to write another five things in my miracle list. Or maybe 10. Or 20. I am already excited to see how God would answer each one of them. There would may nays, yeses, and wait. But for sure, it will always illustrate how God makes miracles out of our lives. And I love Him for that!

5 comments:

Gypsy said...

Hi Jen!
Great idea! Just made my own list but it's far from being a "miracle list"--that shows how little faith I have...so will revise as I am inspired by your post. :) May the Lord grant you your list for this year!

carlotta1924 said...

i remember my own miracle list i made for the year 2000, andami ring na-grant. for this year gumawa rin ako so... sana. =)

Jen said...

hey gypsy! glad to have inspired you. Hope that 2008 will bring a lot of miracles in our lives!

Hi carlotta! sige, gawa ka din! I know that God has a way of granting our desires!

Unknown said...

Never done any such list before. And it's partly because I don't even now what to put in the list hehe. :-D

-snglguy-

Jen said...

hey snglguy! try it out. it can be a wonderful surprise when you see that what you listed happened during the year.

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)