Sunday, June 21, 2009

Delightful company

I have been disregarding them in the past few months. But now I have a little extra time on my hands. Especially now that my hands are painfully complaining because I have been abusing them for more than a year. Too much typing. Too little rest. So I now force myself not to chat, text, blog too much. Of course, there are days when I am hard-headed and go back to my old ways.

Wait... let me go back to my original subject. My pets. Yeah, I have been amiss. I just pass them by when I leave in the morning and come back home at night. For the past few days though, I have been enjoying their presence.

Cashmere, my black rotteweiler, was in an uproar when I played the dodge game with her. She is a full-grown adult but she has never lost her youthful love for antics. I had to be careful though because her more than 30 kilos of weight could fall on my feet through her large paws.

Pretzel, the only male yet youngest addition to our pet brood, is all black. So full of attitude, he is the only one who can lie down beside Cashmere. I have been letting him glide against me. When I cuddle his chest, he jokingly bites me but never deep enough to hurt badly. 

Cherie, all white, is the oldest. She has been with us for more than 12 years. Her blue eyes complement her queenly and graceful movement. She often sleeps away the day, most often than not, outside our house to bask under the warm sun. She doesn't purr much so I often say hi to her and pet her head. What is most endearing about her is that she always acts the mother to her child, our last cat, Pinto.

Muti-colored (white, black and brown), Pinto has always been my favorite. She re-discovered the joy of jumping on my lap to curl and sleep. She is the sweetest when she does that and purrs.

It is a joy to have pets in the house.

2 comments:

MelB said...

You DO NOT have that many pets :)
It is a joy!

Jen said...

Hahaha! i know! :D

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)