Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Omnium-Gatherum (Random Thoughts 8)

It normally takes a month to organize. I was given just 10 days. And I had to arrange two sets of meeting programs. Thank God both went well. Even great. The clients were satisfied. I am happy. I am grateful.

= = =

Undergrad course: the political science subjects I took taught me international relations
Grad studies : I have chosen to take classes about local institutions and governance

I love learning. Especially about my own.

= = =

I was trying to think and write about an assignment. Guess what? A flying cockroach visited my room. On and on, it went circling very near the ceiling. I got tired of dodging it so I took a sweeper (walis tambo in Tagalog), and swiped against it as it flew towards me. Where it fell I don't know. I was just glad to see it disappear! (good thing it didn't suddenly visit me in my sleep! yikes!)

= = =

Terrible traffic in the last two days. I normally get home after a 45-minute bus ride. It has been taking me an hour and 15 minutes so far! That's 30 minutes less reading time for me! O well. At least, I got home before it rained.

= = =

I got reminded about how it felt. I was new in my job. Learning curve. Stressful first few weeks. The shock of trying to understand new things. Then everything settled down. Finally it hit me. I was missing my old friends. I was missing our habit of eating together and talking while working. I was missing the Christmas parties and company outings. It was almost the same feeling the following year. Then, slowly, I got used to the new culture and people. And so I missed my old world less and less.

It should be the same in this case.

= = =

No airconditioning on our side of the office for the past two days. The heat was taxing. I couldn't work the the whole day. My energy just ebbed away.

I am thankful that I don't live in a desert area.

I hope it'll get fixed tomorrow.

1 comment:

MelB said...

I love these random thoughts posts! Thanks for your friendship and encouragement.

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)