Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Half-full day!

Two weeks ago, at 7:00am, I was seated in front of some business people. Today, I exchanged that early "overtime" for some time off for school. Yeah, I woke up early but it was not necessary to get a vacation leave for today.

Two pre-enlistment stages. The second one was supposed to have been invalidated. I happily found out that the system took the changes I encoded!

The road became a one-way lane because of construction works. To make it to the assessment office before lunchtime, I opted to walk instead of waiting for the jeepney (mode of transportation here in Manila) that would go all the way around. My injured leg was aching again. The walk was slow. The cloudy skies shaded me from the sun. The rain did not fall. I made it in time. I completed the process.

I pre-enlisted in two classes. I planned to ask about the teachers and workload. I found out that my initial choice would be held in a distant building. I received some positive feedback on the second one. Good thing the system validated the changes I made.

I was about to leave my room. My eyes fell on my MRT card (metro transit system). There was a long line at the ticket counter of the train station. It only took me a minute to get in with my ready MRT card. I was downstairs. I realized I forgot the envelope that contains the paper I needed to submit to my advisers. I went to get it. My adviser asked me about the paper.

I arrived at 7:30am for an enrollment that was supposed to start at 8:00am. The filling out of forms started at a quarter-past eight. The advisers arrived at 10:00am. I had to wait. I had a few hours of reading and contemplation. And prayed. For me to finish the enrollment process. I did.

It only rained when I safely back in my office. While I was enjoying my aloha burger and black forest sundae.

My leg is still painful. I can walk. I have just eaten chocolates.

The cup is half-full.

Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

Yeah, I know about days like this too..haay! But yes, the glass is half full. :) Balik blogging na ako. Hehe...musta ka na?

Jen said...

Hi gypsy! Welcome back sa blogging world! :) I am much better... getting there :) thanks for asking! kaw? musta?

Lion Chaser Manifesto

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze new trails. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away.

Chase the lion.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson (www.evotional.com)